IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENTS WITH REGARD TO DEPARTMENT OF PENSION & PENSIONERS’ WELFARE FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY, 2020
1. The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW), has taken a landmark step to make life easier for senior citizens to submit their Annual Life Certificate for continued pension. The Department vide its circular no. 12/4/2020-P&PW(C)-6300, dated 17.01.2020 has issued directions to all the Pension Disbursing Banks to send SMSs/Emails to all their pensioners on 24th October, 1st November, 15th November and 25th November every year reminding them to submit their Annual Life Certificates by 30th November.
The Department for stricter monitoring in order to ensure that no pensioners are left out, directed all Pension Disbursing Banks to make an exception list as on 1st December every year of those pensioners who fail to submit their Life Certificate and issue another SMS/Email to them for submitting the Life Certificate.
The bank in addition will also ask such pensioners through SMS/Email as to whether they are interested in submission of Life Certificate through a chargeable door-step service, the charge not exceeding Rs.60/-.
2. Secretary (Pension) has written DO letter to Secretary (Posts) for providing doorstep DLC services by involving agency of postmen at similar cost to all Central Government Pensioner.
3. In order to alleviate the suffering of the families of the martyrs of CAPFs (Central Armed Police Forces), due to late release of family pension by the concerned force, a DO letter was written to Home Secretary as well as all DGs of CAPFs on 21.01.2020.
4. In order to implement e-PPO in Non-civil Ministries i.e., Railways, Posts, Defence & Telecom, a checklist regarding the digitalization of Pension Processing and Sanctioning System of these Non-civil Ministries/Departments was circulated on 13.01.2020.
5. A Workshop on Bhavishya for Central Government Civil Pensioners was held at ISTM, New Delhi on 07.01.2020, which benefitted 25 officials. A Workshop on Bhavishya was held for Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Personnel at ITBP Hqrs. CGO Complex, New Delhi on 08.01.2020 benefitting 60 officials. Another Workshop on Bhavishya was held for Personnel at Ftr. BSF, Chhawla Camp, Delhi on 10.01.2020 benefitting 50 officials. This Department also imparted training on BHAVISHYA at CBI Training Academy, Ghaziabad on 22.01.2020 which benefitted 40 officials.
6. Draft Service Rules for Central Government employees covered under NPS were framed and circulated on 05.06.2018 to the concerned Departments for their comments. Comments have been received from Department of Expenditure, DoPT, CGA & PFRDA. However, comments from Department of Financial Services are awaited. A follow-up meeting with PFRDA was held on 16.09.2019 in this connection, Another Reminder has again been sent to DFS on 20.01.2020.
7. A separate set of Rules on Gratuity payable to NPS subscribers have also been drafted by this Department and have been sent to the Department of Expenditure, CGA and DoPT for comments on 01.07.2019. Comments from Department of Expenditure and DoPT have been received. However Comments from O/o CGA is awaited. Another Remainder to O/o CGA has been sent on 16.01.2020.
Link is given Below:
Note: Copied and pasted.