Pradhan Awas Yojana in Urban Areas is launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India on 25th June 2015 to provide houses for the following beneficiaries or families:
- Families from EWS/LIG/MIG categories
- No pucca house is owned anywhere in India in the name of head of household or his/her family members
- Existing house is either semi-pucca or kutch
- Unmarried earning adult may also be eligible
Under this scheme, the size of houses in EWS is 30 meter, however, the state government is flexible to decide the size of houses.
In order to empower the female, under this scheme, the female head of a family must be either owner or co-owner of the house.
Coverage of this scheme:
- All Statutory Town in Census 2011
- Towns Notified after Census 2011
- Notified planning and development areas
- Villages and Census Town under planning boundary
“In situ” Slum Redevelopment (ISSR)
The central government grants ₹ 1,00,000 to each slum dweller in the slum areas and the area will be developed with the private partnership to remove the slum as land is considered as source. After redevelopment, the state government has to denotify the slum area.
Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS)
- Under the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme, the annual household income upto ₹ 18,00,000, is entitled to get an interest subsidy upto ₹ 2,67,000.
- Beneficiaries (Economic Weaker Section and Low Income Group) whose annual household income is upto ₹ 6,00,000, is entitled to get an interest subsidy of 6.5% on loan amount upto ₹ 6,00,000 for the house of carpet area upto 60 sq. meter.
- Beneficiaries (Middle Income Group-I) whose annual household income is upto ₹ 12,00,000, is entitled to get an interest subsidy of 4% on loan amount upto ₹ 9,00,000 for the house of carpet area upto 160 sq. meter.
- Beneficiaries (Middle Income Group-II) whose annual household income is upto ₹ 18,00,000, is entitled to get an interest subsidy of 3% on loan amount upto ₹ 12,00,000 for the house carpet area upto 200 sq. meter.
- The benefit to the Middle Income Group is valid upto 31st March 2020.
- The benefit to the Economic Weaker Section and Low Income Group for the loan amount upto ₹ 6,00,000 over a loan period of 20 years.
Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP)
The Government of India will provide central assistance of ₹ 1,50,000 for the Economic Weaker Section household in the project where 35% of the houses are for EWS and this project must have at least 250 houses.
Beneficiary led Individual House Construction or Enhancement (BLC)
The Government of India provides central assistance of ₹ 1,50,000 per house to eligible families belonging to Economic Weaker Section categories to either construct or enhance existing houses of their own.
If the eligible beneficiaries house is either pucca or semi pucca with the carpet area of upto 21 sq. meter, lacking one of the facilities like room, bathroom, kitchen, etc; may be benefited to enhance the facilities. The condition of enhancement is that the total carpet area of the house should be not less than 21 sq. meter and not more than 30 sq. meter.
Ownership of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Urban (PMAY-Urban) House
The provision of ownership of house is to be allotted in the name of adult female or in joint name and all houses must have toilet facility, water supply and electricity connection. Preference must be given to SC, ST, OBC, Handicapped, Minorities and transgender.
GHTC is launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to get the best globally available technology for construction technologies to enable paradigm shift in the housing construction sector.
Housing and Urban Development Corporation, National Housing Bank (NHB), and State Bank of India is identified as Central Nodal Agencies to channelise and monitor the Loan Amount Subsidy to the Primary Lending Institutions.
PMAY (U) MIS assists all stakeholders to manage information pertaining to physical and financial progress. It allows submitting online demand surveys with a tracking facility. It also helps in maintenance of various records like Survey, Project Information, Beneficiary details, Fund Utilisation, etc.
MIS is equipped with Geotagging features, Bhuvan Portal and Bharat Map for monitoring the progress of construction of houses.
It is also integrated with UIDAI to authenticate the beneficiaries.
CLSS Awas Portal
CLSS Awas Portal is launched to provide transparent and real time web based monitoring system for CLSS beneficiaries.
SMS alert is sent to the borrower and co-borrower from generation of Application Id to credit of subsidy amount to the home loan account to bring transparency and remove the intermediaries.
For clarification and grievances
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Room No. 118,G Wing, NBO Building,
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
Tel: 011-23060484, 011-23063285